I have linked my slides to talk titles when I can, and occasionally the notes for a talk, but be warned the slides are picture heavy. For more of a narrative, you’ll need to read the papers / zine / book (paperback from Sept.2020)/ free chapter / magazine article or listen to a podcast.
- November 12th 2020. How might we understand inclusive public engagement & science communication: Moving beyond engagement and communication as necropolitics. Public Engagement Network & Wellcome Genome Campus (EMBL-EBI), Cambridge University.
- November 5th 2020. Science Communication & Education as Social Injustice. School of Physics & Astronomy, Cardiff University.
- August 19th 2020. Equity, exclusion & everyday science learning. Glasgow Science Centre.
- July 30th 2020. On Necropolitics and Science Communication in 2020. Public Communication of Science & Technology Network Webinar. Slides. Notes as a pdf. Video of whole webinar.
- July 23rd 2020. Normal ≠ OK: A Provocation. Inclusive Recovery Roundtable Webinar. British Interactive Group Conference.
- May 27th 2020: Social Justice & Public Science in a Time of Coronavirus. Equity @Ecsite. Ecsite Webinar. The talk was based at least in part on this article Barbara Streicher & I wrote on the same topic.
- February 18th 2020: Science, popular culture & populism: Thinking about Social Justice in Everyday Science Learning. Cavendish Inspiring Women, Cavendish Laboratory, Cambridge, UK
- July 2nd 2019: Science for all? Or just for some? Wellcome Trust, London
- June 27th 2019: Equity, Exclusion & Everyday Science learning. London SciComm Social symposium, London
- June 14th 2019: Explore Your Universe Phase 3 workshops, Bristol
- May 21st 2019: “How to Lose Audiences & Alienate Visitors OR How Come Museums are Still so Racist, Sexist & Classed (amongst other things)” for Museum Showoff, London